Friday, January 2

New Year

I welcomed in the New Year in a place that for the past 25 days has been my home; a place that feels like my home.

They say home is where the heart is. If this is the case, both my heart and home are torn and in two different places.

My heart is with my family, my friends back home and my beautiful country.
But my heart is in Placerville California with the people I've met and spent time with. It is in the house where I've lived, it is in the memories I've made and it is most certainly with three stunning girls who I cannot yet comprehend walking away from to return home.
But yet, this does not matter. My heart is whole, God is big and He has a plan.
I will see them again soon. ♥

This year is going to be about many things.
It is going to be about change.

It is going to be about decisions.
It will be about losing some friendships and gaining new ones.
It will be about growing up, about taking responsibility.
It is about my future.
But more and more, I see a need for this year to be about God more than ever.
For me to seek God, to chase Him like I have never done so before.


I cannot know what will happen. But I am growing faith.
God is Jehovah-jireh [the Lord our provider]. He will provide all which I need.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

On a side note;
my New Years was great. The best I can remember.
The wedding, the after-party, dancing late into the night and then coming home to a shower and bed.
Liz, Beck and I go to Yosemite tomorrow for some girl time overnight.
Sunday; Church and hanging out with Church people, then college group.
Monday; Lake Tahoe with Sarah, Liz and Rebekah for another day of bonding.
Then the week will be filled with day trips. Visiting a couple of people, maybe another trip to Tahoe.
Friday night is the last night with the girls.
Saturday; possibly the day in San Fran with a whole bunch of people and flying out that night.

It came around far too soon.
I'm not ready to leave.







0 comments: