Tuesday, September 16

learning.

"What do you live for?
Living for something extends beyond fashion, glory or recognition.
We live for what we believe.

If I live what I believe, then I don't believe very many noble things. My life testifies that the first thing I believe is that I am the most important person in the world. My life testifies to this because I care more about my food and shelter and happiness that about anybody else.

BUT. I am learning to believe better things. I am learning to believe that other peope exist, that fashion is not truth; rather, Jesus is the most important figure in history, and the gospel is the most powerful force in the universe. I am learning not to be passionate about empty things, but to cultivate passion for justice, grace, truth, and communicate the idea that Jesus likes people and even loves them."

Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller

Yess. I totally believe it.
I may not be perfect, I may think more of myself and care about myself more than anyone else right now but I am changing.

I am trying to show that the love Jesus gives was not given just for Him, but for us to spread to the world. So I am slowly changing. Sometimes it doesn't seem quick enough but I know I'm moving forward.
I know I'm learning.
I know I'm becoming who I'm meant to be.

Sorry it's taking so long.

1 comments:

Christina Jane September 16, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

i know you are. I see it.

love.