Friday, December 19

america; the latest.

I feel like I'm at home.
And as much as I miss people back in NZ I really am dreading leaving what I have here.
It is the uncertainty of when I will see them again.

The sadness of leaving friends that I already had; and have made since being here.

Will I go home and have it be like before? Like this never happened and once again talk about our days, our schedules, events but never about life, never about feelings or hurts or joys.
I pray that our friendship will remain solid.




Yesterday Beckye, Martha and I left to head to San Francisco for the day. After a interesting start with Beckye being rear-ended at the 'gas' station, it turned into an epic day.
Driving and talking and singing.
Shopping and photo's at Pier 39.
Sprinting from the parking garage half a kilometre to POTO because we were 15 minutes late.
The slow moving traffic as we headed out of San Francisco at peak traffic hour.

Honestly, people are so rude when driving over here. They refuse to let you change lanes. It made me angry.
But it was an awesome day. I am looking forward to heading to Yosemite.


Me; Beckye; Martha at Pier 39.


Beckye; Me outside The Hard Rock Cafe at Pier 39.





Me; Beckye in front of San Francisco Bay





A building near the Orpheum Theatre. Just as the sun is setting.

3 comments:

Rachel Michelle December 19, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

Photos look amazing em, glad you're enjoying yaself x

Jenny December 19, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

That is so amazing! You look amazing! Oh America... Please do come back eventually Emma! I know exactly how you feel about the uncertainty of seeing them again. It sucks but trust me, you'll live - I did. God provides. Keep living it up :-) Betcha POTO was amazing - its so good live a! lovelovelove xox

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 7:40 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.