Monday, December 8

and i'm here

Why New Zealand is better than America;
- America has a ridiculous amount of billboards and signage coming out of major cities. Everything just bombards you and makes things ugly. NZ has not yet fully embraced this to the same extent.
- In America the freeways are lined with rubbish [trash if you’re American] and the roads can be bumpy. It would not be acceptable in NZ.
- New Zealanders use the metric system. This is the correct way of measuring. Inches, feet, yards and miles are inferior. You should change.
- New Zealanders drive on the correct side of the road and have logical road rules.Americans don’t drive correctly or have sensible rules. Sorry for those who live in America.
- New Zealand is green for most, if not all of the year. Flying over the bay area was shocking. Everything is brown; greeny brown at a push.

Why America is better than NZ;
- It has Beckye, Lizi, Sarah and the Hosfords and Taylor.
- My New Zealand accent is different and therefore I get attention. In NZ it’s cool NOT to have a NZ accent [unless it’s Australian, in that case you’re not cool either]. Over here I’m considered special. =] [not in a bad way, but people are always curious why you’re over and willing to talk etc]


I am loving America.
I am loving the people I'm around.

It is refreshing, stimulating and relaxing.
There is so much to do and see. Just looking out the window of the car is exciting.
It is starting to feel like I've always been here. Like I was here only months ago. I like it.

And so starts my American adventure.
♥♥♥♥

5 comments:

Rachel Michelle December 8, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Hey,

You sound like you're having a blast?

Good to hear, ooh I bet you'll have a tinge of american in your voice when you come back-you are there for ages lol I look forward to it :P My dad was mockn me in auz bcos my accent was changing there lol and that was only gor 10 days..

Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures :)

Jenny December 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

Yay! That is all so exciting!!! I agree with all the y NZ is better than USA except the measuring system which I know feel has come down to equal the metric system in coolness/useability etc. Keep us all updated! Yay! Have fun! Love you lots and lots! J xox

Taylor Fine December 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

idk..... I'm not a big metric fan.
I mean the rest I agree with buuuuttt.

Gas by the liter?
Seriously gallon is where it's at. It's more practical ya know?

But when measuring distance. Meters owns.

Alana December 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alana December 9, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

ohhh sounds exciting, and just so you know I think your speacial anyhow, sooooo glad you are having an awesome time! lol and have a double awesome time so I can live vicariously ( i think that the right word)through you as i work long mundane days. Love lots alana xoxo