Thursday, November 27

Praise Revolution: Suffer

I have just read my devotional and loved today's thought.
It is nothing new that I haven't heard before, it is not a huge revelation for most, but for me it was particularly heartening and thought provoking.

Verse:
'Do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering' - 1 Peter 4:12

It says::

"A fundamental truth of the getting-to-know-God process is that some aspects of Him can only be revealed in pain....
One thing we will eventually learn is this; God shows up in our suffering in ways that He otherwise would not. Doesn't it make sense that if we are to know the mercy of God, we are going to have to come face-to-face with our sin first? Or that if we are going to know God as our Healer, there must first be some sickness? Or that if He is to be our Rescuer, we must first be in some sort of trouble from which we need rescuing? Or that if we are to understand His compassionate comfort, we must have some kind of hardship that makes His comfort understandable?"
- Worship the King Devotional - Chris Tiegreen.

I like it. And I wonder how many times have I been in pain or in a trial and become too self absorbed that I missed out on seeing another aspect of God working in my life. That I missed out on God rescuing me because I was curled up in a ball and wouldn't let anyone in, even God.

I hope in future trials I will watch for His work and be encouraged knowing that God is still with me and is acting when I can't.

1 comments:

Taylor Fine November 29, 2008 at 1:13 AM  

BAH! Only 12 hours? I thought it was all hardcore too haha.

jk. It's no bueno I had a 13 hour trip over the summer.

anyways, How's it feel to be done with exams!?!.

And yes sleep on the plane if you value your life.