Sunday, November 2

wisdom.

'So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world's brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe' - 1 Corinthians 2:20-21

I like this.
I like knowing that no amount of science will ever be able to 'prove' the existance of God. That all of our wisdom will never be able to 'prove' God is there.
I like that God will always be a feel. God will never be a fact of our life until we have felt Him.
I like it that there is no way God will be a fact before a feel.
No matter how much you try, if you have never experienced the feel of God, you will never know the fact of God.

No matter how much you know or how many scriptures you remember, no matter whether you've studied the bible indepth or how 'learned' you are, if you don't have the feel of God, if you don't have the relationship all of the fact is worthless.
I don't think fact will lead you to God.
You need the feel of God to really believe in Him and therefore turn Him into fact.
But fact will not turn into feel, most of the time anyway.
Now I think about it, it probably could but lets not go there. It ruins the impact of everything above.

"This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the strongest of human strengths" - 1 Corinthians 2:25

I like this as well. It reminds me off how great God is, of His might and power.




I'm off to do more chemistry study.
PSYCH!

3 comments:

Jenny November 2, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

That's really good Em. Nice thoughts :-)

Christina Jane November 3, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

Whoa what a crazy verse. I totally overread this.. It is wonderful! How stupid do we feel right now?

Taylor Fine November 4, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

haha that's a bipolar weekend.
Aw engagements the best. You guys go clubbin?
I mean she iss tying the knot.

hah Just kidding.



on your post I'd have to say I love both those verses. I had no idea they existed. I think I'm going to be reading cornithians 2 this week haha.
btw do you know the history on the city of corinth?