Friday, October 31

break me down

I am asking to be broken down.
from everything that i once was,
everything that is not of You God.
Tear it down, I don't want them there.

I do not want the parts that are tainted,
the parts that never should have been there.
The jealousy, bitterness, resentment
The parts I built up to glorify myself
The parts I put there to make myself feel secure
They are not of you and do not deserve a place in me

Start me afresh.
With only Your hands sculpting who I will become.
Building my spirit up, filling it with love, with hope,
with trust, with a heart for the lost, with eyes that see beyond my own needs.

I look back now and see Your works over the last year.
The times of despair where nothing was right.
I see now God. I see now that You had to break me to fix me.
The challenges forced me to change.
To rid myself of sin that had clung to me for too long.

Thank-you for your mercy God.
And Your love that always protects
always trusts
always hopes
always perseveres.
Your love that never fails.



2 comments:

Taylor Fine November 1, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

You definitely have the right heart. Which is amazing cause most people our age can't get past the I need help part, to the I admit I'm a broken sinner and only God can make me into something beauitful.

reminds me of this.

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
then it goes on to say
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

the beattitudes are good. It's basically the character of God, which in this post I'm definitely seeing. So be encouraged!

And yeah sure I'd be down with that. Never been to anything like that so why not?

theeeeephaaanntomoftheeoperaisherrrreeeeee
haha.

Christina Jane November 1, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

Beautiful prayer.
I pray it for myself also.
x