Wednesday, October 22

changing of the strings

Today my guitar strings were changed for the first time since I got my guitar.

I hadn't noticed my guitar strings had gotten rusty and very tight and skinny.
This makes me have sore fingers from having to press so hard to get a clear sound.
It also makes me grumpy at said guitar for not sounding nice.

So my Guitar teacher changed them.
Now my guitar sounds nice and I don't have to work nearly as hard which makes for a happy me.

Moral of the Story: change guitar strings more often.

1 comments:

Christina Jane October 22, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

First time!! Haha how long have you been playing?? Bet the newbies feel good. Personally I'm not a fan of new strings, but they soften quick enough :)

Tip: Soak old/nearly old strings in baking soda and water over a stove. This will remove grit, rust, sweat (which builds up and changes sound/feel) and will give them a new life.
Don't try on your old ones now. They are definitly past use-by date! If you're playing everyday, try this on your new strings in a month of two.
xx