Tuesday, October 28

canines of the labrador variety.

In the weekend Mum and Robert were in Helensville.
On the way home they stopped at Roberts old friends place on the Bombay Hills.
Robert knows them from showing dogs as they breed a whole variety of dogs at their place and Robert used to show dogs and yeah. We didn't inquire too much as they just said they looked around the property and had a cup of tea.

So at dinner tonight, I randomly put it to Mum and Robert [jokingly] that since Blackie was put down we should get a puppy as having only 1 cat in the house is lonely [having being raised with pets all my life]
Much to my surprised they didn't seem too adverse to the situation and we even got around discussing names, discussing what would happen with it when we were out during the day, whether it would be allowed inside etc.

So in the middle of a discussion about names Mum disappears into the kitchen and reappears with these sheets full of different dog names and my sister and I suddenly just click.
So apparantly we are getting a puppy from a litter of labradors they saw at his friends when up in Auckland and have even sketched in a date as to when she will be flown down to us.

I KNOW! It's so random, but I'm not complaning!
She'll most likely arrive in 2-3 weeks and we all quite like the name 'Jetta.'
The bad thing is it'll be such a distraction as it'll probably but the weekend just after prizegiving that she comes down.
I think I'll just study when she's sleeping!



Aparrantly she's replacing me and is going to have my bed.
=/ errr........

1 comments:

Taylor Fine October 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

haha okay, that works! I guess you're getting a little puppy.
(well your family is due to the fact it'll replace you as of your leaving to uni, kindof a depressing fact really)

I'd get ready to go on runs with her or just let her loose in a park. Those doggies have got massive amounts of energy haha.
What colour is she gunna be?